Year-End Hiring and Time-Entry Freeze
There will be a freeze on time entry for all state employees in the ESS system during pay period 13 – June 23, 2023, to July 1, 2023. The freeze is necessary for agency consolidations from the 2021 and 2023 General Session.
All employee actions, such as incentives, ASIs, employee hires, and transfers, must be entered before June 23, 2023, or after July 1, 2023, as no information can be entered during the freeze period.
During the freeze, employees should enter and approve time as usual for pay period 12 (ending June 23) but must wait to enter time until July 2 for pay period 13.
OPRO spent May focused on helping smaller communities off the Wasatch Front and doing their annual legislative update. OPRO participated or presented at the Your Land Your Plan Utah League of Cities and Towns event in Richfield, the American Planning Association conference in Vernal, the Six-County Regional Growth Summit also in Richfield, and council training for Wallsburg Town. We prepare a unique presentation for each venue, tailored to the needs and questions of the community.
Presentation topics include:
- Land Use Law legislative update for the Utah Local Governments Trust
- Moratoria Emporium (lawful use of land use moratorium)
- Challenges of Small Town Planning
- Coordinating Planning Resources Statewide
- Common Illegal Land Use Ordinances
- Land Use Law Enforcement
- Land Use Law open Q&A (which is terrifying)
- What to do if your cemetary overlaps your roadway right-of-way?